One of the most anticipated events of the autumn in the design world is the unveiling of the Dulux colour of the coming year. Here at Out There Interiors, we are particularly pleased with the choice for 2016 which is Cherished Gold. Cleverly spotting that our love of metallics is set to run and run, the committee of influential experts and trend watchers in the interiors world, which makes this important decision, has aimed for evolution rather than revolution and chosen a sophisticated shade which is both forward looking in its originality and yet works perfectly with current themes and fashion.
There is undoubtedly a heritage feel to the warm earthy tones of this ochre colour. Within its depth, it contains the glow of old masters, a glimpse of vellum parchment, and the ambiance of classic country houses, where quality and sophistication are innate rather than contrived. But neither Dulux nor Out There Interiors are suggesting for one minute that you should recreate a period interior. No, this is the colour of 2016 and as such it makes its most effective statement with the furniture and accessories of our era.
While coordinating beautifully with the copper and brass furniture and accessories which are so popular this year, cherished gold also works well as a backdrop for the cool blues and greys and the light woods emanating from Scandinavia. On yet another level consider how well its touch of oriental spice will conspire with the rich feel of ethnic prints and textured fabrics to create a warm and welcoming interior. Furthermore how well it offsets our animal themed accessories!
The versatility of this complex colour is quite remarkable. Try teaming with duck egg blue or even pink for a look which is both avant garde, yet enhances everyday living.
As well as contrast we also desire harmony. At Out There, we have, for a long time, loved furniture and accessories of both modern and traditional design which incorporate gold, so we have a great choice of items which will work well with this exciting yet elegant colour. Here is a small selection from our range.
1. Enrico Fibreglass Tulip Table in Blue £185
2. Geva Bloomingville Chair in Sky Blue Braided Rattan £310
3. Penina Bloomingville Pendant Lamp with Coloured Balls £70
4. Festa Egg Ceiling Lamp in Blue £60
5. Teasha Tea-Light with Dragonfly £35
6. Hilde Deer Head with Antlers in Yellow £50
7. Spica Bloomingville Table Lamp in Duck Egg £115
8. Alberte Bloomingville Tapas Set on Cork £64
9. Giancarlo Padded Rocker in Tan £310
10. Biata Narrow Wooden Stools - Set of Two £195
11. Afimia Industrial Coffee Table on Wheels £595
12. Canda Folding Table with Teak Top £945
13. Paolo Platform Bench £365
14. Jamie French Louis Chest in Vintage Yellow £1,250
15. Cerelia Pair of Candle Sticks - Rose Pink £109
16. Jules Swan Chair in Tan £410
17. Konstantia Large Zinc-Topped Coffee Table £545
18. Susita Elm Nine Drawer Chest £975
19. Papillon Butterfly Chair in Brown Leather £510
And for that all important accent wall we have of course a fantastic new range of wallpapers.