With September comes the close of summer. The days are ever shorter, the evenings come with a chill and autumn starts to show her tell tale signs. But it’s by far my most favourite month of the year. What other month brings with it the surprising sunshine, the breath-taking sunrises and even more indulgently warming sunsets, the opportunity to be wrapped up and cosy one moment and basking in tropical sunshine the next, all in the same day!? Yes, September is special, but what does it mean for interiors!?
For many it’s back to school – the start of a new year in its own right – for us, September brings the new season trends on a huge, grand scale. Here in the UK, and London in particular, we see the big fish of the design world descend for a week of inspiration, influence and imagination – London Design Festival. The city becomes a treasure trove of new trends, innovative interiors and wonderful celebrations showcasing the best of the year to come. For now though, we want to celebrate September itself – the warmth, the cosiness, the combination of seasons in one glorious month.
From bronzed mirrors for an everlasting tan (a little tint makes everything look better!), to deep pile travel-inspired cushions for a holiday feel all year round, here are our 10 key buys to see us through the month…
- Tinelle Wire armchair – £340
- Ceslee Swiss cheese plant in a pot – £235
- Lucero Origami style bird table lamp – £165
- Amarachi Pair of baskets with lids – £275
- Bromley Planter on stand – £49
- Sujata Retro 2 seater couch – £1445
- Oddveig Shallow seagrass basket – £72
- Ababa Deep pile chevron cushion – £110
- Onyx Cast iron palm tree candlestick – £45
- Atara Bronze mirror (set of 2) – £45