15 Aug Interior decoration of a modern house
Decorating a house is no easy task, especially when you want to create a friendly and designer space. Between the design of the project, the purchase of accessories, the choice of colors, and materials … The interior decoration of a modern house is far from easy! Follow our tips to help you redo the interior of a modern home.
The interior design of a modern house
Home decorating is a less expensive project than renovation work, but just as essential for anyone looking to feel good at home
You are strongly advised to think through every step of your interior decoration project down to the smallest detail, to create a comfortable and pleasant environment.
Prepare your interior design project
Before starting the work, it is essential to ask yourself the key questions of your project:
- What type of decoration do you want to adopt for your home?
- Which rooms do you want to decorate as a priority?
- What kind of atmosphere do you want to create in each room?
- Which style do you want for your interior?
- What is your interior design budget?
This step will give you a fairly concise idea of the nature of the work to be done and the equipment to be purchased. This will give you a better overview of your project.
Namely: the ideal is to work on the decoration of a house room by room, so as not to scatter yourself.
Choosing an interior designer
The choice of service providers will depend on the nature of the work.
If you want to do a complete renovation of your home, several trades can intervene to bring your project to life.
When it comes to refreshing interior design, it is strongly advised to hire an architect for the arrangement of the space.
The interior designer for his part can help you orient your choice on:
- The materials,
- The furniture,
- The color of the interior paint,
- The right type of coverings for each room.
Of course, interior decoration can also be done without a craftsman. It is better than to take inspiration from decoration magazines and to master a minimum of DIY.
Our advice: are you looking for a decorator near you? The form at the bottom of this page allows you to receive up to five interior design quotes free of charge. You just need to describe your project.
The key elements of decorating a modern house
Are you looking to modernize your home? In this case, different techniques can help you enjoy modern interior design and the order of the day.
The layout of a modern house must be thought out to create an elegant and harmonious setting. From the living room to the kitchen, every detail counts to enhance the interior design.
Here are the elements that must be taken into account to establish a style suitable for a modern home:
What paint colors for modern decor?
Colors are one of the elements that should not be overlooked when talking about interior design. Changing the color of the walls is indeed a unique way to redo the decoration of a house.
Repainting your house is an excellent way to decorate it better :
- The sober colors are to be in harmony with the contemporary atmosphere: dress your walls with white paint. This color has the advantage of harmonizing with other shades. Also, it allows us to enlarge the room and give a better impression of space.
- To brighten up the room, do not hesitate to opt for a two-tone tone: if you are a fan of the refined style, black and white walls will be perfect to bring out a minimalist decor. However, the presence of black will be limited to avoid overloading the space. Gray, taupe, or pastel tones are also highly recommended for a modern atmosphere.
- Bright colors can also be fashionable: the more daring, on the other hand, will embellish the room with exotic colors. But be careful not to mix the bright colors too much. For a modern interior, we will prefer to use bright colors sparingly. For example, it is possible to paint a single wall in a room in a bright color, leaving the other walls white, to play with the spaces.
These different shades bring a touch of authenticity to interior decoration. The main thing is to think carefully about the association of colors, to avoid the lack of taste. A paint swatch can be very useful for this purpose.
Lighting: essential for decorating a home
In addition to focusing on light colors, modern decoration will also rely on lighting.
Invest in lighting to create a cozy corner in your living room. You will be spoiled for choice for the interior design:
- The wall lamp,
- The chandelier,
- The spots,
- The floor lamp.
Adopt the Scandinavian style to highlight a modern interior design style. A table lamp, a transparent pendant, or a floor lamp are among the essential accessories to illuminate the room.
Furniture and furnishings for a modern home
Large pieces of furniture ideally find their place in large spaces. A glass roof can for example serve as a partition to separate the living room and the kitchen.
In recent years, Scandinavian furniture has been on the rise to embellish the rooms of a modern house. Simple and uncluttered, these pieces of furniture are in perfect harmony with the minimalist style, much appreciated for modern decor. We will thus avoid old furniture or too complex furniture, to turn to simple and elegant shapes.
Also invest in storage furniture, which allows you to avoid overloading the space with objects.
For curtains, rugs, and cushions, in particular, you will need to pay attention to color and patterns. Sobriety is also de rigueur for the furnishings.